How to Create an Intention/Dream/Vision Board
Do you live a life of intention and purpose? Living intentionally offers you the opportunity to create your life based on your interests, ideals, passions and purpose.
Whether you call it an intention board, dream board or vision board this creation offers you a visual beacon of what is important to you and a guide to help you create your life. According to the Merriam – Webster Online Dictionary intention is “what one intends to do or bring about.” Makes sense, right?
I first learned about intention boards when I read the book The Secret. I believe we need to continually evolve as human beings in order to stay healthy. Trying new things, setting goals and dreaming about future possibilities keeps life interesting and fun.
Think about one thing that you have wanted for a long time. Or maybe there’s an area of your life that needs some tweaking. Do you hate living in the city and long to move to the country? Is a career change needed before you lose it at work and punch someone? Do you hope for a healthy relationship but it never seems to transpire? Or perhaps you’ve wanted to travel to Paris since you were a teenager and it still hasn’t happened? An Intention Board may be just the thing you need to manifest your dream into reality!
You Will Need:
- An Intention: what new dream,purpose, direction or goal do you want to manifest?
- A Large Poster Board or Canvas
- Scissors, Glue, Paint, Markers, Pens
- Pictures, Quotes, Small Memorabilia, Magazines, & Catalogues
- Fun Edging, Gems, Beads, Feathers, Stickers, & Decor
Set the Creative Mood:
- Put on your favorite uplifting music – whatever enlivens your soul!
- Light a diffuser using a blend of Bergamot, Cinnamon, Geranium, & Ylang Ylang.
- Reflect on what you want to manifest. Meditate on this intention.
- Write words and ideas in your journal to refer back to while you create your board.
- Look through the magazines and catalogus and pull out images, words and phrases that speak to you. Search the internet for quotes and pictures and print them off.
- Cut these out with creative scissors and glue onto fun pieces of paper.
- Lay the images, words, and quotes on your board in a way that pleases you before you begin to attach anything permanently. Trust me–you’ll be glad you did. Glue securely in place.
- Decorate by adding fun edging, gems, decals, etc.
- Meditate on your Intention Board
Process Your Intention:
- What have I learned about myself while creating this Intention Board?
- Are there any patterns evident? What do these patterns indicate?
- Does anything surprise me regarding what I have included/created?
- What changes do I need to make in my life to be true to my intentions?
- Who are my support people I can share this with?
- What is one step I can take today toward making my intention materialize?
Post Your Board and Manifest Your Dream
Show off your gorgeous creation–display your Intention Board in a prominent place. Focus on it often, taking time to meditate on your work of art as often as you can.
We create our world by what we pay attention to. Focused thoughts sent out into the universe with love and positive energy will bring into your life the blessings you are seeking.
Please share any experience you have had with creating an intention board and manifesting your dreams in the comments below!
Peace & Love, Sandra
You might also like to read Intuitive Art for Holistic Healing