I want to thank Joe at Joe Travel Blogs for nominating Boom2Bloom for the 2017 Liebster Award. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
Joe’s website offers blogs on travel tips, his own travels, and on travel tales. He has had quite an array of travel experience for a 21-year-old! Please visit his website to find out more.
The Liebster award is a fun way to recognize up and coming bloggers.
My Nomination Answers:
- What are you most proud of in your life? Successfully raising my two children as a single mother is by far my biggest accomplishment.
- Where is your favourite city you have been to? Dublin, Ireland
- Which TV show is your guilty pleasure? I don’t watch any television.
- What is your favourite form of social media? Facebook
- Can you speak any other languages? Unfortunately, no. I have hopes of learning Spanish and French one day!
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I have two children, Zach and Kyleigh. They are both in their twenties.
- I raised my kids as a single parent.
- I love animals, and hope to open a shelter for senior animals one day.
- Besides blogging, I work as a mental health counselor and a teacher.
- I am an artist and I also refurbish furniture.
- I love to travel. I am incredibly fortunate–my sister owns a home in Ireland!
- Number one on my Bucket List is to visit the top ten art museums of the world.
- Nature is my sanctuary.
- Boom2Bloom is a collaborative effort with Janet, my friend since 5th grade.
- I am 54 years old.
My Favorite Blog that is Not My Own:
Eliza Watson is a writer and blogger who draws you in with her easygoing wit and charm. Her characters are real and raw–I easily develop a connection with each one as I read. The story-line of her current series, The Travel Mishaps of Caity Shaw, offers lighthearted humor, and has a number of lessons on interpersonal insight and relationships woven through.
The Travel Mishaps of Caity Shaw series begins with Caity’s first trip abroad when she travels to Dublin in Flying by the Seat of My Knickers and then Paris in Up the Seine Without a Paddle. Now, she is off to Ireland for the holidays in My Christmas Goose Is Almost Cooked. She has no clue where her journeys will take her. She’s just hoping to find herself along the way.
I find Eliza’s blog posts and newsletter to be a fun read as well, offering travel tips and mishaps from Caity, the main character in the series.
I Nominate the Following Blogs:
Girl Lost in the World – This is a travel blog that offers so much more. Kimberly Luepo takes us into her travel adventures with amazing images and insight into the local culture experienced throughout Europe, Asia, and beyond.
Belle out of Hell – Alternative fun at it’s best. Mel offers rock n’ roll fashion tips, photo shoots, and stories of her escapades that are unique and make me think “how I wish I’d done the same when I was her age.”
The Daily Grind – Here you will find movie and game reviews, recipes, and personal insights. Tim writes from the heart, he allows you into his world by sharing his experiences. I love his openness to vulnerability!
Gingham & Gardenias – This is a fresh and lovely website. Emily Barton blogs on Texas happenings, recipes, and decorating ideas.
The Quiet Cruiser – You will find everything you need to know about taking a cruise here. From the beginnings of researching, booking, packing, through actually taking a cruise, Kathy offers you this one-stop website for information.
Finnoy Travel – Niko and Ceaser offer travel tips, information, and articles on their own travels throughout Finland. This is a site for other travels to also post blogs they have written. Articles on this website are written and published in English and Finnish.
My Questions for Nominees:
- Why did you start a blog?
- What inspires you?
- If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow morning, where would it be?
- Who is your role model?
- What one thing would you change regarding humanity to make our world a better place?
I took the task of nominating these blogs quite seriously. I invested time into thoroughly checking out the nominee’s website, reading their blogs, and developing an understanding of their purpose.
Congratulations to all of you!
Happy blogging! Sandra